Child Safety Policy
The Board of Management (BoM) recognises that child protection and welfare considerations permeate all aspects of school life and must be reflected in each school policy, school practices and activities. Accordingly, in accordance with the requirements of the Department of Education and Skills, Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post Primary Schools, the BoM of Scoil Padre Pio approved this Child Protection Policy.
In its policies, practices and activities, Scoil Padre Pio will adhere to the following principles of best practice in Child Protection and Welfare. Our school recognises that the protection and welfare of children is of paramount importance, regardless of all other considerations and will therefore;
• Fully co-operate with the relevant statutory authorities in relation to child protection and welfare matters
• Adopt safe practices to minimise the possibility of harm or accidents happening to children and protect workers from the necessity to take unnecessary risks that may leave themselves open to accusations of abuse or neglect
• Develop a practice of openness with parents and encourage parental involvement in the education of their children
• Fully respect confidentiality requirements in dealing with child protection matters
• Adhere to the above principles in relation to any adult pupil with a special vulnerability
You can view the full policy and associated documents by clicking on the links below.